The City Matters club has a five-step recruitment process for volunteers.
The steps are as follows:
- The club will advertise the role via digital platforms and physical means to inform fans of the volunteer role.
- Download an application form that will outline the description of the role and an overview of City Matters.
- The advert will stay open for a maximum of two weeks.
- Applicants from represented groups are encouraged to apply to keep in line with the improvement of diversity in football.
- An internal club panel that will include the club’s equality, Diversity, and inclusion team. There will also be one member of the current City Matters panel to attend to observe the process. The team will review all applicants and score them on a skills matrix which is made up of:
- City fan and evidence of ongoing engagement with the Club.
- Role or career experience related to customer experience/working with people.
- Experience in participation in committees or public engagement.
- Examples of working collaboratively and constructively to deliver an outcome.
Profiles of those shortlisted will be published to mancity.com. fans with a Man City Support Number will be able to vote on their preferred candidate. The person with the most votes from each group will be able to represent that chosen group.